Tuesday 1 November 2005

A Cat in the Sunset

When a new inspiration presents itself, it zooms to the forefront of my imagination and takes over my writing life. Its characters develop from stickmen to people, and embark on an unforgettable journey. Every step they take to reach their destination and every word they speak has a purpose. The storyline is clear and light, but the minute, immediate details bog me down. The pov changes, the passive words, the telling, the fine-tuning, that untended leave a black shape in the forefront of what could have been a marvelous story.

2 comments:

Heather Smith said...

The writer's imagination is awesome, I think. (Though my family thinks it strange at times.) Awesome picture E.

Anonymous said...

Eunice, I think I've had some of those same stickmen in my noodle. The problem is, my brain only seats four and right now, those fellas are trying to set a world's record. I'm gonna have to rent-a-head just to house them all.

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when

you

take your eyes off your goal.